SPJIMR enjoys an enviable track record of facilitating career aspirations of its participants through lateral placements. The Career Services team at PGPM give you the necessary inputs for honing and furthering your skill sets. Career acceleration requires you to take up greater responsibilities within your domain or industry and demonstrate general management skills. You will work as a team throughout the year to make some informed decisions.
- This is an activity which begins with introspection and self-discovery. The profile mapping exercise is an activity where you indicate your professional background and where you wish to go – function, role and industry – at the end of your journey with us.
- Efforts are made to understand the thought process that goes into career planning and help is extended to discover opportunities based on your unique background, qualifications and previous experiences. This is done by organising very involved one-on-one interaction sessions with the in-house team of faculty and industry experts.
- Based on your career aspirations, the teams of experts suggest the course of action that you need to take – skills that you need to develop, the kind of projects/research work that you need to take up, the knowledge that you need to acquire – to enhance the prospect of you securing the role of your choice.
- Additionally, throughout the year, guest lectures with industry stalwarts, mentoring sessions and interactions with our alumni are organised on the campus, giving you enough opportunity to discuss your career and also gain practical insights into the industry at an individual level.
As the placement cycle nears, enhancement programmes are held:
- Resume review workshops are conducted
- Mock interviews conducted by an in-house panel consisting of industry specialists
The Placements Team assists you in your placement efforts and manages the campus recruitment process. For PGPM, a rolling placement system is followed over 4 months - from September through December. Placements commence with a series of pre-placement talks (PPT) by recruiters to the students.
On-campus interviews are lined up by the Placements team, which strategizes on the sequencing of companies so as to give you the best opportunity.
The number of companies recruiting from PGPM has grown year-on-year and so has the diversity of industries and sectors.
SPJIMR is one of the few top rated B-schools that has its placement results fully audited by CRISIL. CRISIL audited report are as follows: