Structure & Curriculum
SPJIMR’s Part time Executive Management Programmes PGP-GM has been designed specifically for mid-level managers looking at moving towards career growth and leadership roles. The high degree of application-oriented learning and contextual customisation has enabled both participants and companies to reap rich dividends from the Programme. SPJIMR has been conducting Executive Management Programmes for close to 20 years. Participants of these programmes have been able to effect change and influence management practices in their organizations. With high level of industry recognition, a rich and customized programme content, a highly effective learning experience and a network of alumni who have done exceedingly well in their careers, Participants stand to gain a clear edge amongst their contemporaries. In addition, PGP-GM offers an AICTE approved diploma (PGDM-Executive Management Programme) and also has the highly acclaimed international accreditation from AMBA.
The class will be a mix of participants with a work experience of between 5 to 15 years, from a cross section of companies, industries, functions and roles.
Application exercises are assignments where the concepts studied in class are applied to a real-life situation in the organisation that a participant represents. Application exercises reinforce the learnings garnered in class and enable a participant to understand his / her organisation much better.
Examples of Application exercises
In Finance- “Analyse the balance sheet and profit and loss statement of your company for the past 5 years; calculate Liquidity ratios, Profitability ratios, Capital structure ratios and write a report on the financial health of the company”.
In Marketing- “List the product categories and lines of your company and segregate the product lines on the basis of growth, maturity and decline in potential; identify the rationale for continuing each product line. Would you add/ delete any product item(s) from the existing product line?”
Evaluation is a continuous process both on-campus and off-campus. On-campus evaluation covers group-work, quizzes, and exams. Off-campus evaluation is in the form of conceptual and application assignments.
PGP-GM is offered by SPJIMR Mumbai. For convenience of aspiring participants from the NCR region the week-end sessions will be held at the Delhi Centre of the Institute. However participants will also have an immersion visit to Mumbai campus in each year.
The SPJIMR Delhi Centre has state of the art classrooms and infrastructure and is centrally located in the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Campus near India Gate.
PGP-GM is aimed at preparing working executives for general management positions and as such PGP-GM is a general management Programme- there is no functional specialisation.
Participants can apply through the link available on the SPJIMR website. Application form would be sent to the interested candidates by the admission team.
- Application form needs to be filled and submitted online along with specified documents.
- Application fee of Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) to be paid online.
- Applicants will be informed through email about the date of the selection process by the PGP-GM office.
- Stages of the selection process-
- Admission Test- any one of CAT/MAT /GMAT / ATMA/CMAT/XAT
- Group Discussion/ case analysis
Documents required for application: -
- A valid score of any of any one of the listed Admission Tests. If the test has not yet been taken, the date and registration for the test needs to be provided.
- Complete employment proof – true copies attested by gazetted officer (Relieving letters from previous employers and offer / promotion letter from present employer)
- Complete educational proof - true copies attested by gazetted officer (Marksheets and passing certificates of X, XII, Graduation, Post-Graduation, etc.)
The purpose of the admission process is to understand the “starting point” of the skills and traits of a student before entering the course. What is checked is the skills of the person like common sense, commercial sense, communication, interaction, dealing with people etc. The best advice we can give is that the candidate should be his/her usual “himself” or “herself”. While it is possible to prepare oneself, it is really not necessary as can be seen from the explanation given below of what generally happens in the admission tests.
Our selection process lays considerable emphasis on the ability of the candidate to put in time and effort for this programme, his/her managerial aptitude as well as maturity, ethics and values.
- Upcoming MAT test is scheduled on August/September 2021 (https://mat.aima.in/sep21/about-us?/may21/about-us)
- GMAT exam is scheduled on multiple dates and can be taken as per the participant’s convenience (https://www.mba.com/exams)
The style of interview is mostly conversational. In general, one need not prepare for the interview. You may brush up your communication skills; feel relaxed, focused, confident, concise and energetic.
Group Discussion/Case Analysis
In addition to Interview, the participants will undergo a group discussion/ case analysis round. This could involve discussion of a current topic or a managerial issue.
|Round||Test Duration (approx)|
|Personal Interview||15 - 20 Minutes|
|Group Discussion||30 minutes|
Date of announcement of result will be put up on the website.
The successful participants will be awarded the AICTE approved Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)-Executive Management Programme.