Communication is key to business and personal success and good leadership starts with great communication. In the business world, managers and leaders have to communicate their ideas, products and services to a variety of stakeholders including business partners, their teams, customers, distribution channels and investors. Communication is not just talking, but the ability to exchange ideas via active listening, perfect verbal and non-verbal engagement, and command on the language that is the hallmark of a persuasive leader.
This two-day course aims to equip the participants with the skills of being an effective communicator. They will learn a variety of tools and techniques to help improve their style and delivery. It's a practical, fun-filled course packed with exercises, games, discussion and practice.
- Enhance communication skills to motivate and inspire
- Harness communication intelligence by self-awareness and EQ; Listening and empathy.
- Understand communication styles to adjust messages and increase influence as a leader.
- Using nonverbal communications strategies to enhance rapport
- Structuring, organising and delivering ideas into coherent narrative
- Overcoming inhibitions and practicing the art of public speaking.
- Deconstruct executive presence to enhance overall business etiquette.
- Fundamentals of mentoring including building awareness of Mentoring Models
- Understand aspects of virtual & hybrid mentoring, reverse mentoring and other contemporary aspects.
- Mentoring process & role modelling
- Importance of mentoring initiative towards employee engagement and talent development
- Mentoring skill building, its application to organizational effectiveness
- Develop a road map for the mentoring process to enable organizational effectiveness
- Interpersonal interactions in teams, listening, questioning and articulation.
- Language and the power of words
- The art of Communication and its crucial role in leadership effectiveness
Emotional Intelligence in Communication
- The five components of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Empathy and understanding the informational demand of the Audience.
- Know own individual styles of communications
- Understand self and others to be better team player and leader
- Change and grow with self-awareness.
- Express honestly, comfortably and without anxiety
- Avoid confrontations and deliver right message
- Learn to control aggression in meetings and disagreements
- Overcoming the fear of speaking
- Tricks and tips to manage stress and developing powerful presence.
- The Art of Rhetoric and developing persuasive arguments that move the audience.
Crafting a good speech
- Learn to develop and deliver a brief speech
- Outlines an idea for a product, service, project or self
- Write and practice an elevator pitch.
Deconstruct Executive Presence
- What is the essence of executive presence?
- Understand what projects confidence and gravitas
- Inspire decision makers to believe and follow you
- Combining warmth and conviction in developing it
Identity and Reputation
- Develop a keen interest on how others perceive us
- Consult peers and mentors for feedback
- Find out the strengths that can be built upon
- Manager self and the impact one has on others
- How people perceive you
- Self-branding, Personal reputation management
- Enhancing your reputation using digital media
- The importance of storytelling in presentations and creating influence.
- Structuring and bringing power to presentations and delivery.
- Responding to difficult questions and questioners
Feedback and Delivery
- Leadership Communication practice via in class presentations
- Transforming communication Challenges into strengths and learning from peer group interactions.
- Take away tools and tips for continuous learning improvement for communication with Impact.
- Interactive Discussions, lectures, industry examples, videos, classroom exercises
- Role-play and case analysis
- In-class public speaking exercise and feedback
Who Should Attend:
This communications training course is for those who are required to demonstrate high level of communication skills in their day-to-day work. It will enhance personal effectiveness, presence and presentations. This program is appropriate for business professionals with experience, looking to improve their communication skills or deliver messages across diverse stakeholders - senior management, cross-functional colleagues, employees, customers, and strategic partners. Managers in business development and marketing teams and in team-lead roles will find this programme useful. The course is aimed to build a quiet confidence with a powerful presence that can inspire, motivate and empower others.
Prof. Vineeta Dwivedi
Business Communication, Head - Digital Communication
Venue: On Campus-Delhi
Programme Dates & Fees Details :
17-18 November, 2022
(Thursday & Friday)
9:30 am to 5:30 pm
INR 25,000/- plus applicable taxes
(Early Bird, Alumni, and Group discounts available)