The programme architecture has been conceived in line with SPJIMR’s long-standing tradition of pedagogical innovations. The uniqueness of the programme derives from the critical elements of the teaching-learning process, namely what is taught, by whom, and how.
Modular 18-month programme equivalent to an MBA (as recognised by AMBA) conducted in three phases following a pre-determined calendar schedule. Each phase comprises of six contacts.
Emphasis on Family issues (Induction, Working together, Succession Planning and Women in FMBs) + Business issues
Customized electives in Service, Manufacturing, Retail and Realty sectors in Phase 3.
Option for International Immersions in a partner international university
Business as a lab - Business Improvement Projects in Phases 1 and 2 and Business Plan in Phase 3
Learning from top faculty (including industry practitioners), peers and mentors
Focus is on offering a right blend of rigour with relevance.
Students spend a week (Monday-Friday) each month on campus and three weeks applying the business learnings to their business.
- The programme design follows the KSFA matrix to deliver the right mix of ‘Knowing’, ‘Doing’ and ‘Being’.
- Make participants aware of the facts, frameworks and theories of management (knowledge – the “knowing” component)
- Develop the skills, capabilities and techniques that lie at the heart of management (skills – the “doing” component)
- Expose participants to the intricacies of the family business interface and issues emerging out of the unique structure of family businesses
- Inculcate values, attitudes and beliefs that go on to build a particular world view (attitudes - the “being” component)
- Groom participants for leadership roles in top management in family business through classroom and ‘beyond classroom’initiatives
- Assurance of Learning Goals (AOL) - the learning goals that the PGP-FMB programme has set for itself to ensure an “Assurance of Learning (AOL)” are:
- Dynamics of Business
- Dynamics of Family and Family Business Interface
- Management of Self
- Value based social sensitivity
The KSFA matrix to deliver the right mix of ‘Knowing’, ‘Doing’ and ‘Being