Business analytics refers to the way in which enterprises use data to gain insights and make better decisions. The ability to use data effectively to drive rapid, precise and profitable decisions has been a critical strategic advantage for diverse companies. With the increasing availability of broad and deep sources of information – the “Big data” - business analytics is becoming an even more critical capability for enterprises of all types and all sizes. This modular programme is designed to showcase the virtually unlimited opportunities that exist today to leverage the power of business analytics. It focuses on a gamut of questions ranging from strategic to operational matters pertaining to a firm’s business analytics initiatives and metrics to capture relevant outcomes to link the data to business performance. The programme will help gain an understanding of how managers use business analytics to formulate and solve business problems and to support managerial decision making using selected business analytics software.
SPJIMR, being based in Mumbai, has a location advantage of industry sourcing expertise and knowledge. SPJIMR has partnerships with renowned American and European universities, which opens up opportunities to collaborate with their academicians for research and thought leadership. Many of the SPJIMR Professors teach in these universities as well. Information Management as one of the specialisations is a key strength for the area of analytics.
The various modules will be delivered through a mix of pedagogical tools as appropriate to topics by a faculty team. It will be delivered through action and experiential learning - class discussions, case studies across different verticals and functions, group presentations and hands-on workshops. Selected readings and articles will be shared in the class.
- To understand the importance of Business Analytics and its impact on business value and performance.
- To develop a different way of thinking about available data and how it can be used to impact managerial decision making
- To gain an understanding about the current practices and platforms for analytics used to transform the changing business data into useful information and support business decision making
Who Should Attend
This programme is designed for middle to senior-level managers who are responsible for decision making using analytics to formulate and solve business problems.
- Understand the emergence of business analytics as a competitive strategy
- Understand the critical capabilities for business analytics in an organisation
- Use of analytics in customer analysis, marketing, finance, operations and supply chain management
- Analyse data using statistical techniques
- Learn about decision-making tools/Operations Research techniques
- Using data mining and text mining models for predictive and decision analysis
- Use analytical tools to analyze complex problems under uncertainty
- Learn data visualization and storytelling through data.
14th - 16th March, 2018
09:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Rs. 22,000 + Taxes
|Discounts on Fees|
Early Bird for first 5 participants
Group of 5 to 6 participants
Group of 3 to 4 participants
Bhavans Alumni ( SPJIMR, SPCE & SPIT)
Contact person: Priyanka Patil
Tel: +91 22 61454351